James A. Walker
Phone: 316-630-8100, Ext. 239
Primary Areas of Practice
Mr. Walker has had a general, civil and business litigation practice for over 37 years in the various state and federal courts in Kansas. Virtually his entire career has been in representations where litigation was either threatened, or, more usually, filed. His broad litigation practice has included matters involving securities law, receiverships, trade secrets, antitrust, non-compete agreements, oil and gas, real estate, legal and accounting malpractice, derivative claims, estate and probate disputes, and high asset divorce cases, to name a few.
The last 20 years of Mr. Walker's practice have included engagements on behalf of defendants in over 25 different antitrust class action cases alleging price fixing or other restraint of trade violations. As those clients have included major domestic and foreign manufacturing firms, the quality standards and client expectations for their attorneys are very high. Mr. Walker has had the highest "AV" rating for over twenty-five years, and has been selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America, Chambers USA as one of Kansas' leading lawyers and Missouri and Kansas Super Lawyers, in the fields of general, business and commercial litigation. He is Best Lawyers 2018 "Lawyer of the Year" in Commercial Litigation and "Bet-the-Company" Litigation.
Admitted to practice
- Kansas, 1976
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, District of Kansas
- Washburn University School of Law (J.D., 1976)
- Washburn Law Journal, Board of Editors
- Wichita State University (B.A., 1972)
Honors, Affiliations and Professional Memberships
- Designated by Chambers USA as one of Kansas' leading lawyers for civil and business litigation.
- Best Lawyers 2018 "Lawyer of the Year" in Commercial Litigation and "Bet-the-Company" Litigation.
- Selected by peers for the Best Lawyers in America in the field of commercial litigation.
- Selected for inclusion in Missouri and Kansas Super Lawyers in the fields of general, business and business litigation.
- Contributing author, A Practitioner's Guide to Class Actions, ABA Publication (2010).
- Wesley E. Brown American Inn of Court
- American Bar Association
- Kansas Bar Association
- Wichita Bar Association
- Big Brothers and Sisters of Sedgwick County, former board member and President.
- Wichita River Festival, former board member and officer.