Phone: 316-630-8100, Ext. 216
Primary Areas of Practice
Tad Patton’s practice includes an emphasis in two primary areas – general business and corporate law, and estate planning and probate. Mr. Patton’s business practice includes clients of all sizes, from start-ups to large, multi-location businesses. He represents business clients in all aspects of financing transactions, mergers and acquisitions, contract negotiations and drafting, formation and termination of business entities, business ownership issues, and general business matters. Mr. Patton also represents clients in all aspects of estate planning including the preparation of wills, all types of trusts, powers of attorney, advance directives and beneficiary designations, and in connection with estate and trust administration. His estate planning clients include all manner of individuals from young families to retirees, and include professionals, business owners and farmers and ranchers. Mr. Patton enjoys an “AV” rating from Martindale Hubbell.
He has served as the firm’s managing partner since 2005.
Mr. Patton was raised in Cassoday, Kansas, in the heart of the Flint Hills. He attended Friends University from 1974 to 1976 and was on the football, basketball and track teams. He graduated from Emporia State University in 1978 with high honors. He graduated with honors from the Washburn University School of Law in 1980. Mr. Patton was employed as in-house counsel by the Security Benefit Group of Companies for the first five years of his legal career. He has been in private practice in Wichita since 1985. He has been involved in various charitable endeavors and has been active in Central Christian Church and as a youth sports coach and 4-H leader. In his spare time, he enjoys raising red Angus cattle on his small farmstead.
Admitted to practice
- Kansas, 1980
- Washburn University School of Law (J.D., with Honors, 1980)
- Emporia State University (B.S. in Education, with High Honors, 1978)
- Friends University (1974-1976)
Honors, Affiliations and Professional Memberships
- Member Wichita, Kansas and American Bar Associations
- AV Rated by Martindale Hubbell
- Member of National Association of College and University Attorneys
- Associate General Counsel – Security Benefit Group of Companies (1980-1985)
- Previously served on YMCA Advisory Board, United Way Allocations Committee, The Lorraine Center Board of Directors, as Central Christian Church Sunday School Teacher, as Circle High School Wrestling Booster Club co-chair, and as Community Leader of the Benton Busy Bees 4-H Club
- Active youth sports coach
- Butler County Fair Superintendent
- Rural Water District No. 5 Board of Directors