Neil C. Gosch
Phone: 316-630-8100, Ext. 230
Primary Areas of Practice
Neil Gosch’s practice is focused on general civil litigation and construction law with an emphasis in business and commercial litigation, construction disputes, insurance defense, mechanic’s liens, underground utility damage, oil and gas litigation, and municipal law, to name a few. Neil has successfully represented plaintiffs and defendants in all phases of litigation including pre-suit negotiations, dispute and claim resolution, summary judgment, mediation, arbitration, trial, and on appeal. In addition to litigation matters, Neil is regularly retained by owners, contractors, and design professionals to assist in complex construction matters, including the negotiation and drafting of construction agreements, surety/bond issues, securing project financing, and analyzing project risk. Recently, Neil was named a Rising Star by Missouri-Kansas Super Lawyers® in the area of construction law.
Neil grew up in Wichita and Mulvane, Kansas. He graduated from Kansas State University, receiving a B.S. in 2001. He went on to obtain a Masters in Public Administration in 2003. Neil went to work for the City of Kansas City, Missouri for three years in the capital construction group and then returned to law school. Neil graduated from the University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Law in 2009. In 2014, after practicing nearly 5 years in the Kansas City area, Neil and his wife Kristi returned to their hometown of Wichita to raise their three children.
Admitted to practice
- Kansas, 2009
- Missouri 2010
- United States District Court, District of Kansas
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Missouri
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- University of Missouri – Kansas City (J.D., 2009)
- UMKC Law Review
- Urban Lawyer
- Moot Court
- Trial Advocacy
- Kansas State University (MPA, 2003)
- Pi Alpha Alpha Honor Society
- Kansas State University (B.S., 2001)
- Member, Kansas State Football Team, 1999-01
Professional Honors, Memberships & Affiliations
- Super Lawyers Rising Star in Construction Litigation
- Vice-chairman of KCMBA Construction Law Committee
- Earl E. O’Conner Inn of Court
- Member of Golden Cats, the Letterman’s Club for former members of the Kansas State football team
- Wichita Bar Association
- Kansas Bar Association
- Missouri Bar Association
- American Bar Association
Articles & Presentations
- Recognized contributor to Bryan Garner and Antonin Scalia, Reading the Law: The Interpretation of Legal Texts (Thomson/West, 2012).
- Wait Wait Yes Tell Me: Civility Matters, presentation to Earl E. O’Conner Inn of Court, January 20, 2012.
- A Christmas Carol: Past, Present and Future on Ethics, presentation to Earl E. O’Conner Inn of Court, November 22, 2010.
- Nouhan v. Bd. of Adjustments, Case Note, 40 Urb. Law. 684 (2008) (holding a special exception permit to a zoning law is not the equivalent of a variance).
- Knights of Columbus, 3rd Degree
- Centurions Leadership Program, Greater Kansas City Chamber of Commerce, 2006
- Young Professionals of Wichita, Wichita Metro Chamber of Commerce
- Youth Sports