Phone: 316-630-8100, Ext. 229
Primary Areas of Practice
Kacey Mayes is a member of Triplett Woolf Garretson’s civil litigation group, assisting with matters such as insurance defense and contract disputes. She also practices in the areas of foreclosure and assisted reproductive technology.
Kacey grew up in the small town of Stockton, a rural community located in Western Kansas. She received her Bachelor of Arts in Political Science with a minor in Psychology from Fort Hays State University in 2016 and her Juris Doctor from Washburn University School of Law in 2019. While in law school, Kacey served as the Executive Editor for Volume 58 of the Washburn Law Journal and won the “Gnip-Gnop Award for Excellence in Writing: Best Note” for her publication in the Washburn Law Journal as a junior staff writer.
In her spare time, Kacey enjoys cooking and trying new recipes, working on her green thumb, and spending time outdoors with her husband and golden retriever.
Admitted to practice
- Kansas, 2019
- United States District Court, District of Kansas
- Washburn University School of Law (J.D., Dean’s Honors, 2019)
- Fort Hays State University (B.A., Summa Cum Laude, 2016)
Honors, Affiliations and Professional Memberships
- Washburn Law Journal
- Recipient of the Washburn Law Journal Gnip-Gnop Award for Excellence in Writing: Best Note
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award: Contracts
- Kansas Bar Association
- Kansas Women Attorneys Association
- Wichita Bar Association
- Wichita Women Attorneys Association
- Young Lawyers Section of the Wichita Bar Association
- “In Heaven There Is No Beer, That’s Why We Drink It Here:” Making Kansas Roads Safer with Dram Shop Liability, 57 Washburn L.J. 543 (2018).